The Media Civic Engagers is an innovative collaboration of universities and NGOs in Norway, Romania and Finland. The project aims to engage, connect and empower young people and transform them into civic engagers, by enhancing their media and information literacy (MIL) skills through cross-sectorial and innovative open educational tools. The project goal is to improve youth work in the field of media literacy, empowering youth organizations. The main target groups are the youth workers and youth organizations, and young people interested to develop their MIL & civic competencies and become civic engagers.
During the project, innovative educational tools (UNESCO eight MIL competencies framework based) will be created:
- a research that maps media projects run by young people, but also the young people’s competence level in terms of media participation and civic
- a training curriculum for youth workers on media education and media production tools for civic participation;
- a guide for youth organizations on how to develop civic media projects with young people;
- a training toolkit to be used by youth workers to develop young people’s specific media & civic skills;
- a platform to promote young people’s media projects, but also to promote educational interactive videos to be used in encouraging young people to become more engaged in their communities.
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for youth