H5P is an abbreviation for HTML5 Package. It is free software that allows you to create web-based, interactive learning content. There are over forty activities to choose from, including quizzes, games, presentations and interactive videos.
It is also mobile-friendly, meaning that it is completely responsive, providing your learners with the same rich content, regardless of which device they are viewing the content on.
H5P features on Civic Engagers
H5P is integrated with our creator system, so you can add content types (activities) directly on your creator studio. Go to creator studio and click on interactive content option.
Why and when would you use H5P?
There are a number of ways in which an H5P activity can help enhance the learning process:
Develop interactivity and engagement as a way of combining resources, including images, video, text, audio, links, and files into a structured sequence that may be navigated by the student – adding commentary and text notes to enhance their value.
How to add an H5P content?
- Go to Interactive content page.
- Select Interactive Content and click Add (or double click on the activity name).
- Select the Content type that you would like to use.
- For a content type that you have not used before and would like to learn about:
- Click Details to view demo and details about the content type.
- If you wish to use it, click Use.
- For a content type that you have used before, click on the content type name.
- Give your activity a name.
- Setup the activity.
- When you have finished, click CREATE.
- You can use the given shortcode (looking like this ) to insert interactive content into posts you create on Civic engages platform. If you want to publish on another platform, you can click on embed option on the bottom bar of the content. Copy the embed code and paste to your own blog.